Just when you were about to save just enough for your next family vacation, but when your home is not working with you, you end up with more home expenses than savings. Having additional home systems can be very costly, and not always economical.
1.Vision for Connected Home and Energy Services (value-add - retailers and carries/cable bundles)
2. How IoT is changing how consumers communicate with utilities
3. Home energy management trend (e.g. Nest, etc.)
4. Consumer engagement in Connected Home and Home Energy Management (adoption, interest)
5. Challenges in Connected Home services
6. Drivers for Connected Home and Home Energy Management services
Know more about Matt on TechTalkWithCraigPeterson.com
In the new generation of technology, having a home that works not just with you, but for you, will definitely be a breeze. With quality time for your family as your top priority, how will the new innovation turn your home into a smart one? The question is, "Is it possible?"
1. The Smart Outlet plugs into any standard North American electrical outlet, and enables users to automate their home easily by setting up rules, notifications and schedules.
2.ConnectSense Smart Outlet features two Internet-connected electrical sockets that enable users to control devices plugged into them using an iPhone app or by voice command via Siri.
3. Easy Wi-Fi setup and simple programming of if/then rules and notifications.
4. Users can control all their smart devices regardless of
manufacturer and make them work together, including smart locks, smart lights, smart garage door openers and other best-in-class home automation devices.
5. Smart Outlet allows for control over groups of devices, such as all lights, all-off capabilities and the ability to check the status of items in your home (for example, (Did I leave my iron on?)
6. Using Siri or a smart device you can start your washer (or any other electrical appliance plugged into the Smart Outlet) and monitor energy usage remotely
7. USB charging port supports rapid charging for the new iPhones and iPads, while freeing up an outlet and eliminating the need for users to purchase multiple chargers.
Learn more about Adam on TechTalkWithCraigPeterson.com
What better way to have a sense of security than a new home innovation? Wouldn't you want to have a simple yet efficient system that does all the worrying for you, so you could live your life and spend more time with your family?
1) SNUPI Technologies has an interesting background in that its underlying technology was developed by Professors Shwetak Patel and Matt Reynolds at the University of Washington
2) SNUPI is an acronym for how the technology works - Sensor Network Utilizing Powerline Infrastructure - in a nutshell it is an ultra low power, general purpose wireless sensing platform that is easily used and maintained by leveraging the existing electrical wiring as a whole home
3) The company's flagship product is WallyHome -- (hence the fact that the wiring in the home is built into the walls - that's where the product “wally” get its name - and yes it is meant to be a bit tongue in cheek!)
4) This is what makes WallyHome so clever and easy to use -- it's already levering the copper wiring in a user's home
5) The product was specifically designed to be easy to use for a consumer demographic - literally plug the hub into your router and then place the 6 sensors throughout the home -- they are not meant to be used in the walls per se, but common areas where leaks occur - under the kitchen sink,
bathroom, near water heater. On average set up takes only 15 minutes -- it's that consumer friendly
6) Also a new added “feature” if you will - WallyHome is now part of the “Works with Nest” developer program. This means that our smart sensors will soon work with the hugely popular Nest Thermostat.
7) The integration with the Nest Thermostat is particularly cool and exciting for the user because customers will be able to select specific sensors at specific times to manage whole home (temperature) comfort. This will be done via a dedicated Nest scheduler in the Wally Dashboard
8) How this works: The WallyHome Nest Scheduler automatically adjusts the temperature in the baby's room, the living room or even the kitchen based on user preference.9) Overall, the team at SNUPI Technologies is very excited for more developments in 2015 related to the connected home, Internet of Things and how smart sensor technology will have a large role in future developments
Know more about Aanand by visiting TechTalkWithCraigPeterson.com
Technology you can wear; smart clothing that is low-cost, durable, useful and attractive to wear; smart insulin injection pen for diabetics that uses energy harvesting. Seems futuristic? For Cambridge Consultants, the future is now. They have created Xelflex, a novel type of 'smart' textile that turns garments into active motion sensors; and the KiCoPen, which captures the exact dose of insulin delivered and sends that information an associated smartphone app without the need for a battery.
Discussion on innovations in wearable tech and what the new generation of wearable technology will look like.
Know more about Duncan on TechTalkWithCraigPeterson.com
There are a lot of wearable fitness activity trackers available in the market today. They can measure your fitness activity, keep track of your heartbeat, calories burned, and sleep. But many health trackers are simple reporting tools. Enter the Stonecrysus. The Stonecrysus is an intelligent health and fitness smartphone app and wearable activity tracker. You tell Stonecrysus what your health goal is, and it learns how foods, activities, sleep, and metabolism affect your unique physiology.
They talk about the six main problems of health trackers of today:
Know more about Matt on TechTalkWithCraigPeterson.com
It is always important to have our healthcare providers available 24/7, affordable, and dependable. MDLIVE, formerly MDLiveCare, is a leading provider of online and on-demand healthcare delivery services and software. The company’s cloud-based Virtual Medical Office software platform makes it possible for patients, medical professionals and plan administrators to collaborate seamlessly and securely via voice, video, email and mobile devices. They also provide affordable consultations via a nationwide network of board certified physicians and licensed therapists.
Know more about Randy on TechTalkWithCraigPeterson.com
An introduction to the Meerkat Periscope Legality, joined by the following:
Find out more on TechTalkWithCraigPeterson.com
For more than 30 years QNX Software Systems has been a part of our everyday lives, from mailing a letter to flying a plane. Global leaders such as Audi, Siemens, General Electric, Cisco, and Lockheed Martin depend on QNX technology for their in-car electronics, medical devices, industrial automation systems, network routers, and other mission- or life-critical applications. At the 2015 CES, QNX Software Systems unveiled a brand new technology concept car that will demonstrate the company’s robust automotive software including infotainment and safety capabilities.
Know more about Grant when you visit TechTalkWithCraigPeterson.com
Get the best driving experience with Automatic Lab's smartphone app and experience efficiency, safety, and cost-effectiveness on a whole new level. Discover the importance of a connected car and how it can help you become a safer and smarter driver.
Know more about Ljuba on TechTalkWithCraigPeterson.com